The Native features a harmonious blend of two recycled materials: cork and rubber. The result is a mat with premium performance, optimum durability, and less weight compared to similar mats. Plus we added 2 more inches to the width for added space to practice. We haven’t found a type of practice this mat isn’t good for.
Our premium-grade cork/rubber surface is extremely non-slip, wet or dry. No cumbersome towel needed for your hot practice. Natural, antimicrobial properties make this highly sustainable material very easy to clean and maintain. Hand-crafted responsibly in the USA, where we spread our roots with gratitude.
About this Design
This pattern was inspired by African bogolanfini textiles and Mud Cloth Designs. “Bogolanfini”, a term spoken in the West African nation of Mali, translates to “earth with cloth”. This style of textile was traditionally hand-crafted by a collaboration of an entire family with the purpose of passing down stories from one generation to another. This image at our feet during our asana practice reminds us to stay grounded and connected to mother earth and our community.
Top side: Premium, 1.5mm thick blend of cork and recycled rubber.
Bottom side: 3.5mm thick green label compliant foam adds just enough cushion with zero smells, latex, PVC’s or harsh chemicals.
Best For: Hot Yoga, Vinyasa, Bikram, Ashtanga, Yin, Iyengar, Restorative
Specifications: 72″ x 26″ | 5mm thick | 4 lbs. | 5 in. diameter rolled
Not sure which mat to choose? Find the Right Mat for You
- Premium recycled cork and rubber surface sourced locally.
- Exceptional non-slip properties, especially when wet.
- Ready to go right out of the box, no break in period.
- Firm top and soft foam bottom create unparalleled comfort and stability.
- Body-kind with no latex, PVC’s or harsh chemicals used.
- Easy to keep fresh. Closed cell, will not trap odors.
- Engineered to always lay flat and stay put.
- Green label compliant foam backing with no harsh smells.
- The perfect weight at 4 lbs.
- Manufactured responsibly in the USA.
Cleaning the top (cork/rubber side) of the mat is recommended once a week with normal practice. If used daily or for hot yoga clean the top after every practice. This helps prevent body’s oils from building up and keeps the mat looking and smelling fresh. Spray the mat with our Detox Cleaning Spray or a natural yoga mat cleaner and allow to air dry with the mat laying out flat.
The cork surface increases grip when wet. Use our Grip Spray or sprinkle water on your mat where your hand and feet go before practice for added traction.